Hello~Kathy here from Create.365 with a pretty Happy Birthday card using ScraPerfect products and inspired by sketch #220 @ the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.
Gathering my supplies, I started with an A2 sized top folding kraft cardstock card base and some old patterned paper from Basic Grey. The diecut doily frame is from Darice and I cut it from both coral cardstock and vellum. (I changed my mind while designing and never did use the CM oval cutting tools that are pictured below, lol.)
The banner I handcut from kraft according to the sketch and ran it thru the floral Cuttlebug embossing folder. I then brushed the white Memories ink pad across the raised design to highlight the flowers. I adhered the banner to the card front using mini foam dots for a bit of dimension.
To make the small paper layered flowers, I used an old Stampin' Up punch with the coral cardstock, the patterned paper and the vellum. (a trick to punching vellum without it getting jammed is to punch it the same time as another paper.)
I layered the 3 different blooms using the Best Glue Ever with the No Clog Writing Cap and the Embellie Gellie tool. I layered the one on the front with sequins and a teeny tiny rhinestone. But I would never attempt to do all that without the help of the Embellie Gellie tool!
Using Versamark ink and Platinum embossing powder, I stamped Happy Birthday on the diecut coral oval for the inside of the card and the "Tiny Miracles..." sentiment on the vellum oval for the card front. When heat embossing on vellum it is especially important to use the Perfect Crafting Pouch before stamping to eliminate static cling and powder sticking in all the wrong places. (I just gotta tell you how much I love and use this Pouch! I have tried 3 different products that were supposed to solve embossing static and this is the only one that I've found truly works! The others either make a mess all over your hands or smell overwhelmingly like baby powder-yuck!) The Perfect Cleaning Cloth then removes any remaining powder residue that may be left behind once your embossing is cooled down.
The vellum frame was layered on top of the coral frame using the Best Glue Ever and adhered to the kraft banner on the card front using mini foam dots. The vellum oval was adhered using the same glue by hiding it under the "miracles" embossing and letting the dots of glue dry first so they are practically invisible.
The vellum sprigs were diecut using a Spellbinders die and adhered with the Best Glue Ever under the layered flower -as were all the sequins I placed around the frame.
I made one more flower for the card inside, but kept it much flatter this time, only using 2 layers and one tiny sequin.
Thanks for sticking around with me to see how this card was designed and completed! Until next time, happy crafting with ScraPerfect~